[ANNOUNCE] State of distributed.net Address - Week of Jan, 11th 1998

Adam L. Beberg beberg at distributed.net
Sun Jan 11 23:52:44 EST 1998

Greetings

distributed.net goes to War against DES II:

The contest starts Jan 13th, 1998, at 9AM PST (GMT-8)

Clients and proxies will be avaialable monday. Please watch the clients page
closely for them and update your machines as soon as you can.

Note that the old clients will talk to a new proxy, but not the other way
around, so you need to update your personal proxy if you use one FIRST.

We need all the power we can get, as quickly as we can get it. This is a
short term project that we hope to CRUSH in less then 3 weeks. Tell your
friends, tell your family, tell the geek next door.

This is about how fast we can get LOTS of people and their computers running
the new clients to crack DES. DES II isn't long enough to worry about our
individual or team stats, only the full stats of distributed.net

Mailing lists: