[ANNOUNCE] Just to avoid any confusion...

David McNett nugget at distributed.net
Tue Dec 22 17:00:41 EST 1998

Just to avoid any undue confusion, it looks as if RSA Labs has re-badged
the upcoming DES-II-3 challenge as "DES-III" and re-structured the
time frames for the three levels of win.

To grab the full US$10,000 we will need to submit the winning key within
24 hours of the contest start.  Failing that, we'll collect US$5,000 if
we're within 48 hours.  Waiting until 56 hours yields only US$1,000 and
beyond that it's purely academic.

Contest is scheduled to begin at 09:00 PST on 18-Jan-1999.

|David McNett          |To ensure privacy and data integrity this message|
|nugget at distributed.net|has been encrypted by using dual rounds of ROT-13|
|Birmingham, AL USA    |finger nugget at distributed.net for my news and pgp|