[HARDWARE] A load of motherboards: progress to date.

Dwayne ddraig at pobox.com
Tue Jul 7 01:04:42 EDT 1998

Roby Van Hoye wrote:

> >I'm using a standard 6 foot rack.  Plenty of room to add more units.
> >I have 5 main horizontal shelves.  Each shelf can hold two frames, each frame
> >carrying 6 boards (3 pairs facing each other).  Each shelve will hold 2 such
> >frames.   So, 5 x 2 x 6 = max of 60 boards.
>
> I wonder how to program some neat stuff for such system...
> (you could make it render Lightwave 3D scenes rather easily... hmm, another
> 'nice to have when we win the lottery' :-)

This is, of course, the problem. All the uses I have seen so far
revolve around research-grade university problems, whereas I'd
rather something nifty I could do at home. Rendering so far seems
the best option, although I did see a post today which mentioned
music synthesis in an 8-node beowulf cluster...

Dwayne
--

                return...to...the...source
ddraig at pobox.com