[HARDWARE] PC Killer?

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Sep 1 08:57:34 EDT 1998

'C Huffman' said previously:

| My laptop is now dead!
|
| I am wondering if the client just killed it thanks to the past 3 days of
| constant crunching? Any one have similar results or know of any processor
| killing problems or risks associated with running this type of program
| constantly?

If the laptop had a marginal battery or power management system, then
running a program which never lets the CPU power down would more than
likely put it over the edge.  Of course, better sooner, than later,
when you click "Print" on that million-dollar presentation that you're
presenting first-thing in the morning.  :-)

Regards,

--Joe

--
 +------ Joseph Zbiciak -----+