[HARDWARE] ongoing work

Matthew Smart mcsmart at engin.umich.edu
Tue Apr 27 15:30:43 EDT 1999

But RC5 is a symmetric algorithm, so decrypting is just as easy as
encrypting.  And you only need to decrypt/encrypt the first block (64 bits)
and compare it against the ASCII representation of "The ", which is the
first part of "The unknown message is: ".

So encrypting "The " and comparing against the given cyphertext should be
the same as decrypting the first block of the cyphertext and comparing
against "The ".

mattSMART