[HARDWARE] ongoing work

Jesper Monsted jesper at monsted.com
Wed Apr 28 03:44:41 EDT 1999

> There's only one probem with that... As I believe it, this competition is about
> doing it via the "Brute Force" method, without using any special tricks.  This shows
> the *minimum* average time required to crack a given code.  This time is then used
> to intimidate cypher designers to come up with bigger & better cyphers.

The code has already been improved in many ways, and any loophole you can
find will be greatly appreciated... It is not written anywhere that the
code needs to fully encrypt every single key/data pair.

/Jesper

"Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it"
(c) unknown       - Go Linux! http://www.linux.org/

 Jesper Monsted - RIPE: JM42 - jesper at monsted.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net