[HARDWARE] Intel PIII

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 29 22:44:55 EST 1999

No, I don't want to overclock the PIII, it's going to be my favoured workstation in a few days.

But anyone able to tell me what core I should be using for my P3? I can't tell you right now what it's using (I'm on my K6 right now and the logs I copied don't say which core), but any thoughts or reasoning?

If anyone wants to see the logs up to a few minutes ago I have them on a floppy here to e-mail over.

More on overclocking, maybe my K6-266 (does 430 to 450-ish kkeys/sec, BTW) I'll overclock. But even in the 'cold' climate here, with summer coming up (I live in the southernmost capital), the BIOS's overheat program kicks in a lot from November to March. That's when I get all the doors and windows in the room open too.

Hehehehe, I must be blabbering now. I'll stop. :)
Regards,
Jonathan.
HVHS

--