[HARDWARE] Intel PIII

xeonix xeonix at home.com
Tue Nov 30 22:23:23 EST 1999

The thing is that if you keep the voltage of the pIII 450 at 2.0v and overclock it doesn't make all that much more heat.  Kind of like the celeron 300A(which I also have) which would go from 300mhz to 450mhz with just a little more heat(which just so happened to be normal levels for normal pII 450mhz).  It's your choice, if you don't really need blistering speed then don't do it.

To tell the correct core just type "dnetc -bench" at the command prompt(minus the "") and watch to see which is fastest for each challenge.

here are my fastest cores if it helps
RC5-#2
DES-#2
CSC-#2