[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Jameel Akari jakari at fribble.cie.rpi.edu
Mon Oct 4 19:45:21 EDT 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Mahmut Kursun wrote:

> Such systems are quiet, small and also do have less energy
> consumption.

	Less than...?

> at the moment for harddisc-based Systems. Do not think about
> AMD K7, this one does only 1.5 MKeys/s and the dual C366 at 550
> does about 3.1. Mkeys/s.

	Do you mean a single K7?  And at what clock?  I'd say if a single
K7 (lets say at 550MHz- standard, not overclocked) is half as fast as two
Celerons then there really isn't an advantage, is there?  Aside
from getting the two cpus in one box- which is now running really hot,
with heavier power supply load.

	I guess I'm just too picky in terms of reliability, but when
people brag about how their OC'd Celeron systems run for "days" at a time,
I'm just not impressed.  I'll think about AMD K7s if I want to.

Jameel Akari
Insert witty comment here
<http://fribble.cie.rpi.edu/~jakari>
ICQ: 27182003