[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

jchawk jchawk at sgi.net
Mon Oct 4 21:42:59 EDT 1999

It was my belief, or at least what I heard, that Amd chips are slower
then intels chips at cracking keys.  This is because it is missing a
key instruction need for cracking rc5 (rotate char right I believe,
please
correct me if this is wrong).  Therefore the amd chips have to emulate
or perform multiple instructions to accomplish a task that is one
instruction on a intel chip.  What I am getting at here is when
comparing
different chips MHZ may not apply.  My pentium 233 mhz was out
performing
an AMD K-6 300 as far as cruching keys, however when it came to
something
more practical like run word processor software or something along those
lines the AMD beats my pentium 233.

Guys any comments here?