[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Tue Oct 5 16:41:25 EDT 1999

<<Charley-

I'd be interested if you found anything in the default Linux install that
can be turned off to net more keys per second.
Does turning off various daemons help increase the rate?

Also, how do you autostart the client at machine boot up?Regards,
Aaron, with at least 7 in my basement....because I haven't counted lately.

aaron_kramer at ins.com
"I never metacharacter I didn't like.">>
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===

turning off services in WinNT, OS/2 and daemons in Linux/Unixes
(or "angels" in Jesux) helps increase key rate because the processing
power is no longer divvied between the competing tasks/processes.

also, adding another processor onto the motherboard -- as anandtech.com
testifies -- may not yield an exact "x2" or "x n" increase.  Processing
power with clusters of cpu-mem-storage boxes linked via 'net or other
high-speed links goes upward "x n" (n = # of boxes added to the cluster),
with some latency for file-share locking etc.

there was an entire thread on this last week?
or two weeks ago?

check the archives via "index".
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net