[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Jesper Monsted jesper at monsted.com
Tue Oct 5 23:35:05 EDT 1999

> I haven't played with Linux sufficiently to become expert.  I simply perform
> the minimum install that it will let me get away with and leave it at that.
> As far as autostarting goes, I don't.  I start the machine, start the client
> and leave it running.  You could probably set up a cron job easily enough.
> It would be far from elegant, but it would be fairly easy.

Run "ntsysv" (on redhat) to choose which daemons start at boot and put
rc5des at the bottom of /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Another possibility would be to "rpm -e <package>" any daemon that is not
needed...

/Jesper

"Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it"
(c) unknown       - Go Linux! http://www.linux.org/

 Jesper Monsted - RIPE: JM42 - jesper at monsted.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net