[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Jesper Monsted jesper at monsted.com
Wed Oct 6 20:43:28 EDT 1999

> Rune Torgersen wrote:
> > Where do you get this number for the K7? In tests the K7 is about 30%
> > faster than a PIII at the same speed, and the slowest K7 is 550MHZ and my
> > PII 450 does 1.3MKeys/sec....
> > So a K7 should do (1.3 * 550/450 * 1.3) about 2 MKeys/sec (for the slowes K7).

The K7 (And K6 as well) are not as fast at RC5 as the intels are... a
Celeron (without cache) overclocke to 400mhz does 1.15 Mkeys, which AFAIK
could outrun any K6 on the market and probably most K7's running at normal
speed... (No, price is not the issue here and i am well aware that my
celeron 266 at 400 is cheap and overclocked, but that still doesn't change
the fact that my celeron at 400mhz beats a K6/7 running much faster)

/Jesper

"Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it"
(c) unknown       - Go Linux! http://www.linux.org/

 Jesper Monsted - RIPE: JM42 - jesper at monsted.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net