[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Mike Bell athasian at altavista.net
Thu Oct 7 19:54:22 EDT 1999

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 09:49:33PM -0400, Eno Jon wrote:
> Reminds me... is there a HPC or PalmPilot client under development?
>  If I recall the PalmPilots use Motorola 68383's? and HPC use MIPS
> and Hitachi chips and low mhz PPC's?

You don't want a Palm Pilot client. The only reason Palm Pilot batteries
last as long as they do is that the CPU spends the vast majority of its
cycles in sleep mode. With your Palm Pilot CPU going full pace all the time
you'd have to change the batteries daily, or more, even with the pilot shut
off.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net