[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Eno Jon enojon at delphi.com
Mon Oct 11 10:54:48 EDT 1999

$100 on eBay, provided his "alert" didn't start an RC5 stampede
toward the website and drive the price upwards of $300.  As the
Gateway, Dell and Compaq servers have depreciated and the
managers are looking for 8-way Xeon's ...<slrrp! as tongue licks
drool off lower lips> the old 2-, 4- and 6-way server boards are
hitting the streets.
(I wonder if the Pentagon knows about this?)

How long before 2-, 4- and 6-way G4's?
[not to be confused with the ibm.com g4, g5 or g6 server
(with 14 copper >650mhz cpu's w/256kb L1 and 16mb L2)
dinosaurs]