[HARDWARE] Anyone Know Prices?

Eno Jon enojon at delphi.com
Wed Oct 20 21:05:11 EDT 1999

rc5des -config  if you're running CLI.

The processor setup will then show you:
  -1) Autodetect
   0) Pentium, Am486, Cx486/5x86/MediaGX
   1) 80386 & 80486
   2) Pentium Pro & Pentium II
   3) Cyrix 6x86/6x86MX/M2
   4) AMD K5
   5) AMD K6
Default Setting: -1
Current Setting: -1
New Setting --> -1

For "New Setting" type "3".
====================================

I have a quick question that is part hardware and part
software.  Knowing that the module rc5des.exe is ~512kb,
will my keyrate increase if I drop a k6-2 or 3 into an mb
with 2mb of l2 cache?  And, do these chips have separate
data and code caches?

Also, since a single block is approximately 2**28 in size,
or 256mb, will having 1GB of RAM assist me or is the
algorithm generating these keys based on a starting
val and ending value range?