Fwd: [HARDWARE] SMP boxes, Win2k, and a cow

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Tue Sep 7 17:58:56 EDT 1999

Speaking of Linux... I have a dumb question.  If I have Linux running
on boxes with different processor hearts/brains (say PPC/m68k & x86)
can the clients share a single buff-in file via (e-net) or whatever-net?
Assume that clients are all at 2.711.

Also, on the query of multiple threads, I have a query:
The os/2 client will start multiple threads even if single processor,
does this hinder or help performance?  I seem to get 470kkey/sec rate
on 233mmx whether running single-thread or multi-thread.  If only I
could find a socket-7 dual processor mb on sale.
[drat this line editor..that should be "the topic of multi-threading"]
(I'm running os/2 since installing win95 'networking' seemed to zap
any isp dial-up capabilities--must remember to transfer the buff-in
& out files over to os/2 tonight while downloading BeOS)
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net