[HARDWARE] Rc5 and an ALR board

Eno Jon enojon at delphi.com
Mon Sep 13 14:01:09 EDT 1999

strange this should be mentioned--I'm acquiring my first dual Pent II board,
soon--ALR.   Win2k vs. NT4.0, I would need to know if we're talking
Professional, Server, or Advanced Server vs. Workstation, Server, BackOffice.

Nt4.0 vs. 2k -- according to documentation, 2k offers "workload balancing"
for multiple server "clusters".  Meaning, if two servers run SQL server
and share drives on LAN, db requests/queries are routed to the processor
most likely to service request in a given response time.  Also, 2k supposedly
re-priortizes tasks according to resource needs--cpu  required, etc.

It's no OS/390, but effective for small to medium loads.