[HARDWARE] Rc5 and an ALR board

stoney at sequent.com stoney at sequent.com
Tue Sep 14 13:28:16 EDT 1999

I wasn't able to fine the multiprocessor paper at anatech.com, but
IBM has a simple but good paper contrasting multiprocessor and
uniprocessor systems.

Web
---
http://www.austin.ibm.com/resource/aix_resource/Pubs/redbooks/htmlbooks/sg242583.00/smpsch2.html

Good Reading list

  Pfister, Gregory, "In Search of Clusters: The ongoing battle in lowly
                     parallel computing" 2nd Ed, Prentice Hall 1998
     (Great intro to many of those gaps in our knowledge.  Enables you to
      then read texts and understand them :)

  Beck et Al, "Linux Kernel Internals" 2nd Ed, Addison Wesley 1998
              Chapter 10 Multi Processing

  Stalling, William, "Operating Systems Internals and Design Prinicipals"
                      3rd Ed, Prentice Hall 1998

  Nichols, Bradford et Al, "Pthreads Programming", O'Reilly 1996