[HARDWARE] Just Courious......

Jameel Akari jakari at fribble.cie.rpi.edu
Thu Sep 16 10:11:23 EDT 1999

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, William J [on the road] Halverson wrote:

> entire design/program job himself ... he'd probably want someidea how many of these
> things people
> would want in an initial run.

	I'd buy one if it was say <$200, and was upgradeable (as suggested
by another reader).  And reprogrammable (as in the FPGAs aren't locked).
And open-source in one way or another.

	And for the person who brought up the issue of latches in FPGA's-
even the smallish Xilinx 4010's I used in class last year have dedicated
flip-flops which can be configured as a couple kinds of latch.  Each CLB
(component logic block) had four, IIRC.  BIgger parts (XC4028,4060, etc)
have more CLBS and more features in each CLB.

Jameel Akari
Insert witty comment here
<http://fribble.cie.rpi.edu/~jakari>
ICQ: 27182003