[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [HARDWARE] Just Courious......]]

William J [on the road] Halverson william at netpros.net
Fri Sep 17 11:30:25 EDT 1999

Well OK guys here's the deal.

We want to get a feel for how many of these things we can sell at $300
each.  Kent says:

1 - It will take ~$150k to get them
designed/tested/fabbed/boxed/shipped.
2 - We should aim at using the 100mhz 1mm gate array now shipping from
Xilinx.  Knowing Kent,
the design will definitely be upgradable to the new 2mm device....

If I do the number rights, break even is about 750 units.

So ...

A. Does the group think we can get reasonble commitments for 750 units?
B. Can someone do an estimate of the kk/sec break-rate rating of such a
beast-board?

Bill