[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [HARDWARE] Just Courious......]]

Martin Harvey mch24 at harvey27.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 03:18:19 EDT 1999

Marcus Gillette wrote:

> If you can get twice the break even point, price per unit should be cut in
> half.  Price is everything here... I wouldn't consider spending $300 for the
> unit, regardless of the keyrate.  I have a feeling I'm not the only cheap
> bastard out there.

True. If d.net were to put something on the website, then perhaps an
online "fill in the form" questionnaire with something like:

"How much would you be prepared to pay for a box that does 1mk/s ?

* $50
* $100
* $150
* $200
* $400
* Price is not an issue"

That way, we can get an idea of how deep the pockets of d.net are, and
thus what sort of preak even quantities we're looking at.

MH.

--
Martin Harvey.
mch24 at harvey27.demon.co.uk