[HARDWARE] Just Courious......

Lionel Elie Mamane Lionel_Mamane at csi.com
Sun Sep 19 01:01:27 EDT 1999

Hello,

Jesper Monsted wrote:

> > You need a Hard drive, also. And an OS. (Yes, you can put Linux, FreeBSD, etc it's
> > free), unless you develop a networked OS that stays on a floppy to boot. And some RAM
> > also.
> > And the Internet Connection? Via a proxy on a real "full" PC? OK, but then you need a
> > hub to mount a network, and a NIC on the real PC. Hmm... Your price has quite a bit
> > swollen, no?
>
> OK, i forgot some BNC network cable and a few T-connectors, but those
> won't cost anything notable...
>
> For the OS, linux (ofcourse :)), running off the floppy, mounting whatever
> it needs from NFS from my linux server

You have one. Many don't. The box should be as independant as possible from the OS
installed on the main "real" computer.

> and using it as a proxy as well (or
> the proxy could run on the cracker itself, wouldn't matter much).

It must have a modem, then? Or any other Internet connection... Are many ready to that?

Maybe *you* can have a better cracker for cheaper, but only because you have already some
specific hardware/software.

just my 2 pence,

--
Lionel Mamane