[HARDWARE] Just Courious......

Chi K. Chan ckchan at interport.net
Sat Sep 18 21:21:20 EDT 1999

A bare minimum crunching system can be just a motherboard with cpu,
min RAM 8 or 16meg.  We can go cheap a get a motherboard with intergrated video.
A cheap ethernet card, or just use serial or parallel connection to another
machine.  A cheap case/power supply can be found for about $20.
The OS can be Linux, via NetBoot or Floppy Boot, or simply run
MSDOS 6.22 and MSClient, or Interlink if not using a Ethernet card.
I wonder if FreeDos would also work with MSClient?

Chi

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net