[HARDWARE] Just a few question :)+>

Hunter S. Olywa1 at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 21 16:33:12 EDT 1999

You said (on Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:20:13 +0100) -
> Sorry for interfering your hard (too for me :)) debate ...
>

> I'd like , as a basic user :) , to build a bi-proc with 2 celerons PPGA
> and a ABit Bp6
>

> So , I'd like to know if I have to buy a 366 MHz or a 400 MHz slot-370
> PPGA ??
>
> Knowing that the 366 MHz costs 103 $ and the 400 MHZ does about 109 $
>

> I've heard about limitations on overclocking celeron 400 MHz ...
> Which to choose ??
>

> Best regards
>
> Nicho.
>
> Oh , sorry for my poor english :)

I would get dual Celeron 366 ppga (socket 370). Tested at 550 generally cost
about $100, and non tested can be had for $60 (I speak of OEMs, since they are
the most likely to overclock, contrary to all previous chips).

If you get an untested Celeron 366 ppga, depending on the week, you could have
up to a 95% success rate overclocking to 550Mhz. On the Celeron 400, however,
the most you are guaranteed of is 450, and ou might, with SIGNIFICANT luck and
very nice cards, hit 498.

The Next most important aspect of good overclocking is cooling. I would
normally treccommend the Globalwin CPM-32 cooler, but I have been informed
that they are too big to fit on a BP6 running in dual.

For more information, I would reccommend visiting the EFNet IRC channel
#celeron. I often am there under the nickname |FDISK|. someone there should be
able to help you and answer all of your questions.

Hope this helps,
Hunter S.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net