[HARDWARE] Just Courious......

Jesper Monsted jesper at monsted.com
Wed Sep 22 01:50:22 EDT 1999

> Well, the difference would be that there is no supported single floppy Linux
> distro that I know of. I've never played with it, but my impression is that
> PicoBSD will run on basically anything that FreeBSD will, and someone's already
> done much of the legwork in putting the distribution together.

There are several one-floppy-distributions of linux too - but none of them
are really very useful as they are too large to fit both them and an
rc5des client onto the same floppy. Also, the rc5des floppy would not need
a lot of the support that is present on these floppies (harddrives etc.
are not needed). The only way, FreeBSD or Linux, is to make it from
scratch.

/Jesper

"Microsoft does have a Year 2000 problem. We're it"
(c) unknown       - Go Linux! http://www.linux.org/

 Jesper Monsted - RIPE: JM42 - jesper at monsted.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net