[HARDWARE] Just a few question :)+>

Jonathan Smith josmith7 at bubel.com
Wed Sep 22 00:33:41 EDT 1999

First off, yes all celerons are multipier locked.  (Except for the early
engineering samples that some review sites get to play with, however they
don't count since you can't buy one.)
So far, dispite rumors to the contrary, no Intel processors detect and lock
in the bus speed.  Every rumor so far seems to have been people getting the
odd cpu that just can't handle being overclocked.
I don't know of any way to bypass the multipier lock on a celeron, but there
isn't any bus lock, so you can't overclock all you like.

The easier and safest thing to do if you want a fast overclocked celeron is
spend a bit extra and buy a 366 that is pretested stable at 550.

On cache, all celerons have 32k of L1 cache, even the old 233, 266, and 300s
that lacked L2 cache.
Every celeron since the 300A has 128k L2 cache.  That includes every PPGA
(socket 370) celeron made.