[HARDWARE] Overclocking CPUs

Dennis Jensen dkj at hs.dk
Wed Sep 22 23:09:25 EDT 1999

Well. 5-10% huh?
I'm running a dual celeron (Asus P2B-D) with 2 celeron300a PPGAs OC'ed to
450Mhz  As fair as my math goes that is a 50% increase.
And with chips designed to run for 10-15 years i really don't think that it
matters. Processor-power is getting cheaper and cheaper and so far it
doesn't seem to stop here. In a year or two the processors you can buy today
will be outdated.
So who cares if they'll only last 7 years because of OC'ing?

... Dennis