[HARDWARE] Overclocking CPUs

jchawk jchawk at sgi.net
Wed Sep 22 18:05:55 EDT 1999

How often do you build a new computer system?  I know that I try to
build a new computer once a year.  Utilizing some of the parts like the
case, hdd, cards, etc...  I'm personally not worried about a chip that
may not work in a 1 1/2 or 2 years time, something better or and faster
will be out.  I am running a 300a overclocked to 450mhz, if it burns
itself up tomorrow oh well, a new one is only $50 and I've gotten a
years
worth of life out of it.   However at present, it gives no signs that
it is slowing down.  I am already thinking of building a new system
anyway.  Just my thoughts.

Thanks:  jchawk