[HARDWARE] Overclocking CPUs

Dennis Jensen dkj at hs.dk
Thu Sep 23 20:02:35 EDT 1999

What? Are you drunk?
My keyrate is 2.48 Mkeys/sec at 2*450 MHz (100MHz FSB 4.5 multiplier)
My keyrate is 1.65 Mkeys/sec at 2*300 MHz (66MHz FSB 4.5 multiplier)

Now tell me. Does this indicate in ANY way that MHz is uninportant?

MHz means less when you compare different kinds of processors. A 80386 OC'ed
to 450MHz (Yeah - you try that :-) would offcoure performe poorer than a
P-III at 450 MHz due to the different architectures used in the chips.

... Dennis