[HARDWARE] Overclocking CPUs

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Thu Sep 23 17:26:00 EDT 1999

What? Are you drunk?
My keyrate is 2.48 Mkeys/sec at 2*450 MHz (100MHz FSB 4.5 multiplier)
My keyrate is 1.65 Mkeys/sec at 2*300 MHz (66MHz FSB 4.5 multiplier)

Now tell me. Does this indicate in ANY way that MHz is uninportant?

MHz means less when you compare different kinds of processors. A 80386 OC'ed
to 450MHz (Yeah - you try that :-) would offcoure performe poorer than a
P-III at 450 MHz due to the different architectures used in the chips.
As you indicate you have more than one variable above.
The bus multiplier, caching, etc, etc.
450mhz with a small L1 & L2?
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net