[HARDWARE] Just a few question :)+>

Drew Lanclos cutriss at null.net
Fri Sep 24 02:53:47 EDT 1999

I was almost positive about this myself, but I'm asking for a
friend...Socket 7 procs aren't pin-compatible (Regardless of chipset
support, mind ye) with Socket 370, right? He wasn't sure...I figured there
was a voltage issue, as well as a difference in pinouts...
Anyone wanna confirm this for me?

Rick -- > You mentioned a quantity of ONE Celeron...that implies you were
thinking about getting a dual-Celery rig going? Just curious...if that were
the case, you'd probably wanna stick with a dual-Slot 1 board and use
slocket adapters...better for the heat, and easily adaptable for dual-slot
operation.

Also...I read that Via's planning on producing Cyrix's Cayenne processors,
code-named Joshua on the (My goodness...) Socket 570...Dear god...these
processors are gonna start getting HUGE...pretty soon we'll be going back to
the old backplane design, except the EXPANSION slots, I/O, northbridge and
southbridge controllers, you name it...will be on the riser card, and the
MOBO will be just this REALLY big 13000 pin socket...Aiyeeee!!!

Cutriss