[HARDWARE] Re:

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Tue Sep 28 22:35:02 EDT 1999

rc5 can run on an 8 bit CPU, but it's *SLOW*, so generally not worth it.
The only attempt that I know of is someone who hobbled the core to run
on a 6502... each CPU did like 2 blocks a *week* (28 bit blocks mind
you). Only reason he even looked into it was because he had access to
~1/2 million of the CPUs (he worked for a company that managed
payphones, each phone had a 6502 in it).