[HARDWARE] Cracking engine wish list

Pounceagn at aol.com Pounceagn at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 00:14:12 EST 2000

oetting at gldmutt.cr.usgs.gov writes:

<< If you are going to coordinate the keyspace you need to be sure that all
 groups are counting the same way. In RC5-56 there were at least 3
 independent groups and each one was counting in a way that was incompatible
 with sharing keyspace with the other groups. Because of the different
 optimizations in bitslice DES depending on the counting order
 distributed.net almost became incompatible with itself in one round.

 -- Dan Oetting <oetting at ghtmail.cr.usgs.gov>

Thank you Dan for showing that Distributed.net is not for one keeping us in
the dark or trying to pull any sneaky tricks from a barrel..or something..

I find it sad that people automaticaly assumed the worst even AFTER we
recieved an e-mail from Plans at distributed.net explaining the situation..Does
it matter that the stats show over a 100%?  If you're concerned about your
stats please make note that you recieve credit for already completed
blocks..IF they hadn't WE would have gotten upset because the blocks we
processed would not have counted but the percentage would be correct...After
the great work in the DES contest i think people should have realized that
everything would work out..I personaly wish to help raise the encryption
standards..Of course you could always search for aliens at Seti at home...I mean
easy to see your data building something Fast there.. Vice_Pope
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net