[HARDWARE] Mac Questions -

enojon at ATTGLOBAL.NET enojon at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Tue Mar 12 01:52:48 EST 2002

I agree with John on this point--most vehemently!
It also explains why I have been running an
Entropia Client for the last few weeks/months on
home desktop and personal laptop [doesn't write
to disk every 5 seconds either like dnetc which
can quickly burn-up laptop or desktop harddrives]
to fightaids at home.  SETI ?  I don't think so.
Prime.net, I don't think so.

<<Actually the numbers below are off 1 and 2
orders of magnitude. Nearly every
desktop system has minimum power of 50w including
power supply losses (first
order of magnitude) and DNET will only give the
winning client a fraction of
the RSA prise (second order of magnitude).

Why the global community wants to donate billions
of dollars to RSA is a total
crock when maybe the cycles should be spent
toward some good that will benifit
man kind - like detailed weather, genetic and
drug simulations. There are thousands
of researchers who can not get enough cycles, and
we toss them away here.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net