[HARDWARE] Class envy and the Evil Companies making profits - was Mac Questions

jkaye jkaye at isd.net
Tue Mar 12 15:20:53 EST 2002

"John L. Bass" wrote:
> Some feel this same way about RSA - a group of for-profit high finance guys
> locking down technology patents for their own good. In someways they are
> even more evil than medical corporations which at least are trying to help
> people, rather than restrict and profit on usage of crypto technology.
>
> There is a great deal of medical research being done with public dollars
> which if aided by global resources like Dnet would help keep some of
> results free of corporate patents.

Wow...

I would rather give my CPU cycles to a big evil corporation that
employees people in the US, and has the funds to make use of the data,
rather than some ambiguous "For the good of mankind" BS that has yet to
prove itself useful.

Besides, a share of the RC5 winnings are going to charity anyhow...

My last post on the topic.

--
Joseph Kaye
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net