[HARDWARE] Cost of crunching (was: Mac Questions)

George Mogiljansky mogil_jan at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 17 19:45:07 EST 2002

I have followed the fascinating discussion, some of it way over my head.
But it was interesting. The most recent Canadian edition of Time magazine
has a 5 page article on networking, clusters and supercomputing
in Canada. From only a quick look, I see the use of fibre optics for data
transfer is catching on.
I'm using a 56k modem for several reasons, but mainly because the concept
of an "always on" Internet connection using ADSL(regardless of whether or
not I'm using it) seems wasteful. And there are security risks.
Many thanks to those who participated in the debate.
George M., Canada

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net