[HARDWARE] Cost of crunching (was: Mac Questions)

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Mon Mar 18 12:09:42 EST 2002

	I don't know about anyone else, but I have been deleteing this thread
	unread since day 2.  An advocacy thread has no business on a hardware list
	IMNSHO.  Please take this offline.
	Mark Nejedlo	jelloman at nejedlo.net

Advocacy starts with expressing a point of view, including yours about
forum usage. I think productive discussion about various hardware, it's
power consumption, and cost vs. benifit tradeoff's is not that far off
topic, and probably better here than one of the other Dnet mail lists.
The minor off topic excursions have been brief.

I personally don't have a problem with Dnet on active servers which are
going to remain powered up anyway, or active clients as a background task,
it's just keeping clients active when idle that presents a serious problem,
and enlisting old power hogs with marginal productivity that is a serious
problem.

If the Dnet "management" would like the topic on another list, just let
us know where.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe hardware' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net