[HARDWARE] Newest client causes BSOD with AMD 2100+?

McDonald, Jacob M. jacob at JacobMcDonald.NET
Wed Oct 16 15:49:25 EDT 2002

Personally I'd be concerned with even 63 C... 68 C I think is too hot
definitely. Other cores can run that hot because they have far fewer
transistors, larger transistor sizes (therefore increasing the size of
the core and helping heat dissipation), or are just made in a different
way that allow it to run hotter. Athlons will use much higher voltages
than a Celeron, too. Keep in mind the Celeron front-side bus speed is
still in the bicycle lane while the Athlon's FSB speed is in the left
lane on the autobahn passing Porches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, BMWs,
Subarus.... ;o)

I, too, would highly suspect the fan/heatsink and case fans/ventilation.
Remember, with a CPU that fast, put fans everywhere in the case where
there's a place for them. Also be sure to use an AMD-recommonded
heatsink/fan for that particular CPU model.

I have had the dnetc run fine for a few months now on an Athlon 1900+.

Cheers,