[Hardware] The market of ASICs (One GigaKey / Second?)

Elektron elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 10 01:37:56 EDT 2004

On 10 Aug, 2004, at 10:09, Dan Oetting wrote:

> I'm still waiting for this or any verification to be implemented and
> smile every time I here about bogus clients racking up stat points.

Which is really easy to do.

There's also no easy way to verify bogus results - you could force the
client to check for a key in the block which causes the encrypted
output to match some 32-bit value specified by the server, and if it
tried to 'cheat', something in stats would know. But no matter what you
do, it's always possible for some blocks to get into stats (until
you're found out and the blocks are purged).

The current method is probably 'good enough', though. With register
usage a concern on the x86 and others, the penalty isn't really worth
the trouble, since all blocks are checked twice anyway.

- Purr