[Hardware] Doing a custom design

Michael Meeuwisse mickeymeeuw at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:55:12 EDT 2004

>On Aug 22, 2004, at 8:33 PM, jbass at dmsd.com wrote:
>
>Is there a market for these devices? Considering their very specialized use
>there are only a few potential markets. The most promising might be the
>stats addicts. How much are they willing to pay for a stats boost? Will
>they pre-pay to fund the R&D and production costs?
And with that question we started one-and-a-half month ago. Yes, it's
possible. No, there most likely isn't enough funding unless you're working
for the nsa or a total ***. Maybe people can be interested if we're not
talking about keys but about curing cancer.
Reprogrammable really helps. If PCI-based cards with a (couple of) FPGA will
give somewhat lower results, but people can (later) reprogram them with a
binary for say, folding at home, there maybe ís a market.

- wacco