[Hardware] Client for FPGA

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Mon Aug 23 18:56:40 EDT 2004

Elektron <elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca> writes:
	> Piece of cake using FT2232, or the earlier fifo chips in bit bang mode.
	> Use A channel as a JTAG port, and interface the B channel in fifo mode
	> to FPGA data pins.

	I have no idea what a JTAG is... I have a vague idea what a FIFO is.

	Maybe I should've chosen comp eng instead.

Yep :)   ... JTAG is an industry standard for test, but is also used
for programming PLD's, FPGA's, and their SPROMs. It's a very useful
generic interface for reprogramable/reconfigurable designs.