[Hardware] Dual-core and/or SMP + Win9x/ME

Vadim Tukaev shiz0rat at real.xakep.ru
Sun Oct 16 00:59:49 EDT 2005

Hi/2!

What happend, if I start distributed.net-client on SUBJ machine? Can
dnetc utilize all processor power in this situation? In other words:

Scenario1. Let us assume, that I have computer with processor, which
produce 1M keys/sec. I run dnetc in any OS and get approximately 1M k/s.

Scenario2. I install to my computer two processors, each of them equal
to processor from Scenario1. I run dnetc on top of Win9x/ME, not
NT4/2000/XP. How many keys/sec I can get practically? 1M or 2M?

Scenario3. I install dual-core processor, each core of it equal to
processor in Scenario1. I run dnetc on top of Win9x/ME. What I get?

Scenario4. I install two Scenario3-processors (i.e. dual-core). They
able to produce 4M k/s theoretically, but can I get such on Win9x/ME?

TIA

--
Open OS/2! (Members: 13; Rank: 1206; Blocks: 89020; Working: 331 days)
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=30911