[Hardware] Hardware Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

Jeff Lawson bovine at distributed.net
Fri Aug 24 00:42:03 EDT 2007

Unfortunately, your video card appears to only be an old 7 Series:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_7600#GeForce_7600_GS>

For CUDA to be usable, you must have a modern 8 Series video card:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA>

An entry-level GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB card could be used for this purpose.
The amount of RAM on the card is not important for our usage, though if you
plan on using the card for games that are heavy in texture-maps then the
higher memory capacity might be useful.  Here are some reviews of cards in
this series: http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2953