[Hardware] Hardware Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Fri Aug 24 15:33:24 EDT 2007

Unfortunately, the 8800 card is a little out of the price range, and
was reading on the CUDA dev site, that 8500 series cards are supported.

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/1_0/CUDA_Release_Notes_win32_1.0.txt

will dnetc support this, or have I miss understood?

Philippe

Quoting Jeff Lawson <jlawson at bovine.net>:

> Unfortunately, the CUDA library that allows general-purpose computing
> does not support any card prior to the Series 8 cards.
>
> Since you have just recently purchased your card, perhaps there is
> still the possibility of you returning it to the store without
> penalty.

>>> performance. Current work is to clean it up, make it portable and suitable