[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Fri Dec 17 19:00:02 EST 1999

vetere :: 17-Dec-1999 05:22 (Friday) ::

Beta 9 of the Mac Client lives.

ftp://ftp.distributed.net/pub/dcti/beta/dnetc449-macos-ppc-beta.sit

This isn't a traditional "beta" so much as a pre-release. If you find
any major bugs, we'd of course love to hear about them, but we by and
large think we have the bug situation under control.

Major release-blockers we know about are two in number: the client has
no CSC AltiVec core (hurry up sampo!) and it doesn't properly detect
modem connections unless you restart it after dial-up. We may go ahead
and release anyway if only one of these bugs has been fixed as of early
next week.

If you find a bug beyond these or what's currently in Bugzilla, please
add it and/or notify me of its existence.

(Bugzilla, for your reference, is at http://www.distributed.net/bugs/ .)

The people responsible for the Mac port of the distributed.net client
are Michael Feiri (mfeiri) and Don Bruder (Dakidd). They deserve your
eternal gratitude. Send it. Direct all flames / complaints / inquiries
at yours truly instead, as the coders' mailboxes are full already.

dbaker :: 17-Dec-1999 08:38 (Friday) ::

Moo.

I tinkered with stats this evening and setup CPU and OS distribution
statistics for CSC:

http://stats.distributed.net/csc/cpu.html
http://stats.distributed.net/csc/os.html

As soon as I'm completely happy with how it's working (and get all
the proper icons in place!), I'll set it up for RC5-64, too.  That should
be in the next week or so.

Enjoy.

-dbaker

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net