[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Sat Nov 13 19:00:01 EST 1999

dbaker :: 08-Nov-1999 20:07 (Monday) ::

WHERE ARE THE T-SHIRTS?
	Yeah, it's been years.  This is unacceptable. They're one of my
	priorities.  I'm going to get these shirts, mugs, posters, and hats
	designed, on the web, and out the door.

WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG?
	We're a bunch of computer geeks.  We don't know how to make
	t-shirts and sell them.

WHAT HAVE WE DONE?
	We have been working with a company called NerdGear.  The problem
	is that they're slow and incompetent.  Their shirts are ugly and
	they aren't what we wanted, nor did we approve them before they
	started selling them.  Additionally, after one wash, they show
	severe fading.  They suck.

	I've called twice and tried to fire them with no luck; the guy
	is never in.  Hopefully I'll give them the boot in the next day or
	two.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
	We need to find a competent company that is capable of helping us
	design this merchandise.  We then need this company to produce and
	sell the merchandise.  We will be able to give an idea as to how
	much demand there will be.

	I think we expect to have a variety of t-shirt designs, with each
	offered in black and white.  The DCTI logo is a high color image
	that requires image transferring technology to look right.  We have
	the cow-head logo in resolution-independent (photoshop and raster)
	format, which apparently makes production much easier.

	If you work for a company that can do this, or know of one, please
	email me (dbaker at distributed.net) any and all information.

WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
	First off, expect a new survey of interest.  The results of this
	survey will be posted live.  You'll be able to vote on what items
	you will be interested in buying, and how many.

	I plan to have a "dWear" page on the web site in the next day or two
	that will offer all appropriate information and links.  I am doing
	my best to get the ball rolling.

	Hopefully, I'll get significant response to my "How can you help?"
	offer above.  Accordingly, I'll weed through the selections and
	find a good company so that all our users can show their cow pride.

vetere :: 13-Nov-1999 17:43 (Saturday) ::

Moo.

I'm back, after an eleven-month hiatus. I'm doing the Image Thing and
you'll be seeing the product of my efforts in short order, I do believe.

I'm looking for good writers. If you can write, please send a short copy
of something you've written to vetere at distributed.net . I'm going to begin
(in a week or so) rewriting the dnet web site and help documentation, in
an effort to make the place a lot more user friendly.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net