[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Thu Nov 18 19:00:05 EST 1999

ivo :: 18-Nov-1999 00:14 (Thursday) ::

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I updated this plan.
Seems CSC is rolling allright! That's why I took another look
at fetch at distributed.net and flush at distributed.net.
They now accept CSC blocks to flush and if you want to fetch
CSC buffers add "contest=csc" to your request.

vetere :: 18-Nov-1999 17:09 (Thursday) ::

We're dropping individual project mascots (butterfly, polar bear,
kangaroo) and standardizing on the Bovine as our corporate symbol.

Hail the cow.

(Yes, we're keeping the planet as our logo. We lub planets and cows.)

nugget :: 18-Nov-1999 22:17 (Thursday) ::

CSC stats are up, barely.  There are still quite a number of minor "issues"
that need to be cleaned up, but for the most part we're running just fine.

I apologize for taking so long, but a number of factors contributed to
my delinquency.  Stacey and I moved into our new home this past weekend,
and slacker.com has lost its ISDN pipe and is on a 28.8 connection to
the net for the time being.  (finger nugget at slacker.com for the gory
details, if you care...)

You've probably also noticed that last night's rc5 stats run failed.
As soon as it rolls around to 00:00, I'm going to kick off the 18-Nov
CSC stats run (should take about two minutes to run) and then kick off the
17-Nov and 18-Nov RC5-64 stats.  I'd guess we'll be all straightened out
by 04:30 or so.

Thanks for your patience and support.  And, *please*, if you haven't
upgraded your clients to the latest CSC-enabled versions, now's a good
time to do so.  Think how fun it will be to tear through a quick contest
like CSC after watching RC5-64 lumber along for over two years.  ]:8)

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net