[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Thu Nov 25 19:00:09 EST 1999

dbaker :: 25-Nov-1999 01:56 (Thursday) ::

Moo.  I've been making some new progress on the new nodezero server (it's the
master web/dns/ftp server).   Those of you that watch my projects list (and
who doesn't?) have seen that getting a new nodezero into production is a huge
priority and that I've slowly and surely been making progress.

Completed tasks:

	- Design hardware specs (Brief: PIII-500, 2x9gig UWSCSI, 256mb sdram, etc)
	- Order parts
	- Build box
	- Install OS (FreeBSD!) and setup minimal services

TODO tasks:
	- Setup htdocs stuff in CVS on current n0
	- Setup CVS sycning on new n0 for htdocs stuff
	- Convert services (bind8, "mirror", proftpd, qmail, etc.)
	- Get nugget/cow to dink with apache/mysql_auth kludge
	- Convert users

	- Arrange for conversion with VISI
	- FedEX box
	- Final cutover

	- Arrange for CVS server move to nugget's colo site.

I hope to get through the first set of "still to do" tasks over this long
weekend (The 25th is a United States holiday).  I'll post more updates as
I progress.

Have a good Thanksgiving, folks.  Burn, CSC, Burn!

-dbaker

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net