[plans] distributed.net .plan update

plans at nodezero.distributed.net plans at nodezero.distributed.net
Fri Sep 3 21:00:06 EDT 1999

silby :: 02-Sep-1999 23:59 (Thursday) ::

Due to a multitude of factors, but primarily motivated by the time
requirements of school, I have made the tough decision to take leave of my
responsibilities at distributed.net for at least the remainder of this
semester.  I will be redirecting any distributed.net related mail I
receive during this time period to the people listed below, and will
also be absent from #distributed.

As this would imply, I will not be releasing any further Win32GUI clients
in the near future; this duty has been passed back to Jeff Lawson
(bovine at distributed.net).  Please give him a week or two to get reaccustomed
to the codebase before flooding him with mails asking when a new release
will come out. <g>

In my absence, please contact the following people for issues I may have
been previously handling:

For keymaster related issues, please contact Daniel Baker
(dbaker at distributed.net).

For Win32GUI related issues, please contact Jeff Lawson
(bovine at distributed.net).

And for general questions, please contact help at distributed.net.

Thank you, and good luck.

dbaker :: 02-Sep-1999 15:47 (Thursday) ::

While doing routine maintenance on the keymaster yesterday (9/1/99), we ran
into some problems that resulted in blocks not making it into the keyspace
tables or master key server logs.  As a result of this, stats did not have
the full keylog data, and your stats may be slightly lower depending on
when your machine(s) flush their blocks.

Please do not be concerned; no blocks or log data were lost.  We will be
re-processing the blocks in the next few days so that they will make it into
the keyspace tables and the logs for stats.

Another announcement will be made by Nugget or myself when all of the "missing"
data has been properly accounted for by the statistics system.  Until then,
your time would best be served by encouraging me to manually process logs
faster at http://www.cdnow.com/gift/dbaker@cuckoo.com

Have a nice day.  Moo.

Daniel

decibel :: 03-Sep-1999 13:14 (Friday) ::

Well, thanks to Rayden242, I now have the time conversion functions
I need (see his source at http://necrosys.net/rayden/time.phps). It
needs a bit of modification, but it should do the trick. Hopefully,
we'll have caching happening on web pages generated by the statsbox,
meaning faster load times for users, and a lower load on the box
itself.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe plans' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net